Wednesday, December 28, 2011

recipe :: creamy artichoke dip

This was a new recipe for me before the holidays. I saw it here and thought I would give it a try.

Easy was in the title so I thought I could handle it.

We had a bunch of holiday parties this year and after taking it to the first, I knew that it would be on the agenda for the next few.

It takes about 15-20 minutes to prepare, throw in the oven for an hour and pull out right before you head out. I had almost all of the ingredients on hand which makes this even easier.

Easy enough.

Ingredients ::
2 cans of Artichoke Hearts (chop them)
2 -8oz packages of Cream Cheese
1 cup of Mayonnaise
1 tsp. of Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp of Lemon or Lime Juice
1 cup of Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 can of Diced Green Chilies
Dash of Garlic Powder
1 Sourdough Bread Bowl
1 loaf of Sourdough Bread (they didn't have sourdough so we used 
Ciabatta and it worked just as well)

Chop. Mix. Pour. Bake.
That is about the extent of what this takes.

Soften cream cheese and chop artichoke hearts. Then mix all ingredients together. Hollow out your bread bowl and pour mixture into bowl. (You are then suppose to put the bread bowl lid back on before baking but I overflowed my bread bowl so it wasn't possible, and it turned out just fine.) Wrap in foil and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Unwrap foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes so bread bowl and dip brown. While it is baking cut up your loaf of bread to use to dip. Take to a party and be the hit of the party! Enjoy!






Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment