Monday, December 19, 2011

Recipe :: cream cheese chicken enchiladas

I have a few rules when I do the cooking.
--Close to five ingredients or less.
--All ingredients I can get from a grocery store or Walmart, no special trips to Whole Foods or anything.
--Simple to cook.

Lately I have been on a new recipe kick but finding recipes that abide by these rules are difficult. This week I tried this one. It did not disappoint.

I have posted the recipe below with a few simple changes that I made. So amazing.

Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas ::


2-3 chicken breasts, shredded {OR rotisserie chicken}
1 {8 oz.} pkg. cream cheese
1 28 oz. can green enchilada sauce 
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
2 cups cooked rice 
Tortillas 
1-2 cups shredded monterrey & colby cheese


Mix chicken, 1/3 of the enchilada sauce, and softened cream cheese.
Meanwhile cook rice and rinse and black beans.


Pour another 1/3 of the enchilada sauce into a greased 9x13 glass pan.
This is something I did not do and ended up with missing bottoms of my enchiladas.


Put rice, then beans, and then top with chicken mixture.



Put upside down in baking dish.


Once all in dish, top with cheese. The more the better!


Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.


Turn on your broil and broil with the foil off for five minutes to 
get the cheese brown.


Enjoy with sour cream, salsa, or plain since they are so delicious already.

(sorry for horrible dark pictures, we tend to not eat dinner before 8pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment